Wednesday, September 13, 2006

sonnet to an unknown love

right this moment, where is she
working hard, or romancing a he
is she single, like yours truly here
or is she a couple, like a happy hours beer
is she snowhite fair, or dark as the night
a thing of beauty, or a genetic plight
will she make heads turn, or is her heart her virtue
or will she have neither, but a nice l’il fortune
will she cook well, to feed my chauvinistic belly
or will she expect to be served in front of the telly
will she appreciate fine poetry, especially mine
or will her dream words be a ‘for sale’ sign
will she be a giving lover, a tigress in bed
or like an pedigree poodle, will she play dead
will she get along nicely with ma, like a house on fire
or will they quarrel, like polygraph and a liar
will she speak her mind, or have none
will knitting a pullover be her idea of fun
will she believe in god, or be an atheist
will she love me for what i am, or inspite of it
have I looked into her eyes, or have I never seen her yet
is she a stranger, or someone I’ve often met
will i find her on my own, or will my parents have to step in
is she tamil, punjabi or three-quarters finn
but to tell you frankly, there’s really only one question
only one criterion deserving mention
…will she be a compromise, or a real bargain
a wife truly worthy of ram cobain?

4 comments:

Toni said...

This made me smile.

Well, whoever she is Ram Cobain, I hope she knows how to appreciate your beautiful poetry!

ram cobain said...

thank you da! yup me hopes too :-) can't wait for the day when i show her this poem...

Gayatri said...

..and the day has arrived and she loves it!

There's this feeling in the pit of my stomach right now that I can't quite explain, but I just know I can't wait! :)

ram cobain said...

begum!

can't believe that i've found you and that you've read this poem :-)

the "coincidence" boggles the brain!

have knots in my stomach, goosebumps on my goosebumps and the jackassest smile in the universe :-)

can't wait too!!!